Friday, January 6, 2012

Tornados and Oatmeal

I'm a lucky girl... For a number of reasons.

Here is one of them.

It is not uncommon for The Hubs to let me sleep in on the weekends while he gets up with our two monsters beautiful boys.

How great is that?!

However, there are two drawbacks to taking advantage of the willingness of The Hubs to take the first AM shift.

One is the house appearing as though a tornado has blown through the inside, exploding every bit of toy storage in its path.

It ends up looking something like this:


Uhhh... And I guess it blows pants off, too.

But, that is nothing compared to the second drawback.

Oatmeal.

I know if I stay in bed when he gets up with Tink and Goose, they will eat oatmeal... Mostly unattended.

And I will pay the consequences of such.

This means Goose will need an immediate bath.  

And even after the bath he will smell like maple syrup.

This is why:



Man, is he happy.

And then it's like, "What? Have I got something on my face?"



He just has to get every..last...bit... out of the bowl.



And then he throws the bowl. 

On my carpet.  

Nice touch, Goose.


Yep, he loves the mess. 



When he feels his mess is big enough, he signs "All finished!"

Yeah, bud.  I'm sure you are...


So, we take off for the bathtub.  


Here is what can be taken from this:

If you show up at our house on a Saturday morning, 
expect to smell oatmeal and not be able to see an inch of carpet.  :)



6 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it!! Is it just me or does he look like his older brother in that last picture?? -Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who eats oatmeal with a FORK? No wonder he had such a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, is it worth being able to sleep in?? For me, I would say yes, as long as hubby was the one to bathe the oatmeal-covered child(ren). Aiden is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOOK BOOK BOOK WITH PICTURES ON THE WAY!!!! You know that you are doing MAJOR damage to these boys for when they get interested in girls. "Oh, Aiden, your mother just showed me the cutest pictures of you when you were a baby with oatmeal all over your face! I didn't know you were called 'Goose' then, but she told me about this strange noises you used to make." Yup, Aiden is seriously running away from home about that time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He totally looks like Tink in that picture. Another one I took during that same bath is hanging in the kitchen. It is the same angle as one I took of Tink in the bath around the same age (also hanging in the kitchen). I think they look a lot alike in the two pictures.

    Holly, totally worth sleeping in. It is rare to get uninterrupted sleep, so I relish any opportunity I have for it. The mess is a bummer, but not enough to pass on the sleep!

    Gaga, I am totally ready to show these kinds of pictures off. I will NEVER get tired of them! :)

    ReplyDelete