Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And Baby Makes Three...

No, I am not pregnant.

And, should I ever become pregnant, someone will owe The Hubs and I a lot of money.

So, if you came to this post with the idea you would be reading the shocking revelation of us expecting Baby #3, you are going to be disappointed.  

No.  Friggin'.  Way.


Our friends, Two and Dubs, however, are expecting.  Like, yesterday.


Ok, so she isn't actually due until January 24, but she feels like she is WAY done.


Sidenote: I get it.  I gained 65 pounds with Tink.  I felt like his feet were going to burst through the right side of my belly, Alien-from-Spaceballs-style, and his head was so low it was causing my right kneecap to dislocate (I'm only a little bit kidding about that....).  


Regardless of his due date, I can't wait to welcome Baby Will into this world!






We are very blessed to have friends whom we refer to as our family.


Typically, there are six of us hanging out together; Me, The Hubs, Two, Dubs, Auntie B and The Godfather.  As a crew, we can get a bit hectic. And there is a very clear dividing line between the men and women.  We totally gang up on each other... in teams.


This is Team Boys:




That is Dubs, The Hubs, and The Godfather.  I'm pretty sure they were helping The Hubs to try and fulfill his lifelong dream of becoming the next Jimi Hendrix.


Ok, so he doesn't care about Jimi, but that is the best explanation I have for this absurd pose.


And this is Team Ladies:


Ummmm.  
Just kidding.  
Apparently we are always the ones with the camera in our hands.  We don't have any recent pictures of us together.  Not all three of us, anyway.  I'm SO putting that on my to-do list.




Anywho....


When you consider our children, they keep us equal.  The Hubs and I have Tink and Goose.  Auntie B and The Godfather have Tay and JoJo.  Two boys, two girls.  


Speaking of boys and girls, check out this picture of Goose scheming on his future girlfriend.




Uh-huh.  The Yawn-and-Stretch.  Classic move.




See? It works.  She totally digs it.  :)


Again, I digress.


So, although we've been on equal teams to this point, now there is Will.


I think the boys needed an extra player because we girls are so smart, they wouldn't have had a chance otherwise.


Ahem.


I'm just sayin'.....


That, however, is also besides the point.  


The point is that I am just SO excited to meet Will.  I absolutely CANNOT wait for the call from either Two or Dubs letting us know he has decided to make his arrival. 


I can't wait to grow our family of ten to eleven.  


Here is a "Before" of our crew:




Ok, so it is an old picture of our crew.  Like, Goose was roughly six weeks old and now he is almost 16 months.  And Baby JoJo (she is that tiny bit of forehead you can see Dubs holding) was pretty much new and now she is 14 months.  But, unless it is a major event, like JoJo's baptism, we don't have anyone to take a picture of ALL of us.


When Baby Will arrives, I'll be sure to post a picture of all ELEVEN of us.  Man, that just seems like a lot!


And, don't worry.  
I love babies.  
Will will be sure to get a post all his own. :)















3 comments:

  1. Omg! I am soooo loving the yawn and stretch pics. Not only is it the cutest thing ever but the expressions on their faces are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, I love to read your blogs. I just don't know who "goose" and "insert name" all are! It's hard to understand. I guess I don't hang around enough to know. You have a cute blog though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty: I love living vicariously through your blog. You are so fortunate to have such a great group of friends with whom you are so close. I've never had that experience and am GREEN with envy. You are so very blessed!

    ReplyDelete