Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Purple Tights: A Do or An Eww?

So, today I had some interesting feedback on my outfit.  

The reactions seemed to be that folks loved it...

or they hater-ed hated it.

So, now I want your opinions.  

Here is what I heard:

"I love your tights!"
"Those are so cute!"
"I would never be brave enough to wear tights with shorts. You are rocking them."
"Bright color! Those make me happy!"

and

"From the waist down, I don't get it."
"What the hell?"
"Ummm..." (as they stare at my legs)
"Is there even any purple in that scarf?"

[Side note:  There is not any purple in my scarf.  And I am totally ok with that. I have purple in my bracelet and that is about as matchy as I really like to get.  :)]

I haven't posted about clothing since I shared my boot-sock secret here.

Well, except when I mentioned my scarf obsession in this post.  

Anyway, I want to hear your thoughts.

Is the shorts/tights combo a Yay or Nay?

Do you think I look silly?  

Or would you Pin the look?  

OK, maybe not me in the look, but this kind of look on someone with long, amazing gams.

I guess this is where I need to post some pictures.

But before I do that, I feel like I must add this disclaimer:

These are terrible pictures.  

Terribly awkward, I mean.

I started to ask The Hubs to take them for me, but then he left to go do an interview with the paper (I would give further details on that, but I had no idea this was happening until I asked him where he was going.).

So, I was going to go outside and do some self-shots using the timer on my camera.  
However, my neighbors were out and I didn't want to be that 
weird girl taking pictures of herself.  

I instead headed down to the basement and did them there...
in terrible lighting...
against a shadowed wall...
without enough space between me and the camera to get a clear shot.

Whatever.

My point?  
Judge the tights, not the horrendous photos.

Here they are... in all of their wonderful, purple glory.


See? 
They match the bracelet.  
Kinda.
They just don't match my scarf.  
That said, I still think they "go."

I have to tell you that in this picture below, I was beginning to realize I do this weird thing where I lift my toes as a pose for a picture.  That was why I was peering at them when the camera went off.  I can't explain it.


And, I also realized how strange it feels to stare at a camera as it ticks down the seconds before taking a picture of you.  
I couldn't do it.  
Hence, the picture of me looking to the side.  
It felt WAY less peculiar than staring down the lens.
Maybe I will get over that someday.  Maybe I won't.


Actually, I likely won't.  
I mean, how often am I going to be doing self-portraits?
Probably not very often.
Unless I start to ask you to critique my outfit more often, I guess.
No offense, but I'm not planning on doing that.  
I'm typically pretty confident in my wardrobe choices. 

So, what do you think?

Are the colored tights a thumbs up or a thumbs down?

If thumbs down, what don't you like?
Different color? 
Not with shorts? 
They make you want to puke?

Please note, you aren't allowed to say you don't like them because my 
toes turn up or my shirt is all wrinkled.  

Admit it.  
You noticed the wrinkles.

I'm really interested to hear what you think!



5 comments:

  1. Your photo awkwardness and self-explanation is adorable and endearing. :) And fashion-forward peeps realize you don't have to match EVERYTHING in an outfit. It's totally possible to pull a bunch of mishmashy stuff together into an awesome outfit. Not to mention DARING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the purple tights. I would rock that outfit...well with a skirt instead of the shorts, but still cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete