Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Ten Things Tuesday


Ha!  

I bet you thought I'd never follow through with another Ten Things Tuesday, didn't you?

It's ok... I wasn't sure I'd ever manage another one, either.  I'm not offended.  ;)

You may notice that:

A.) It is not Tuesday.
B.) There are not 10 things.

Well, I started writing this yesterday, but #5 & #6 got really long & I figured you guys would never make it through them (I don't want to kill you with boredom), so I gave them their own post.  #7 moved to #5 and I called it quits.  

That said, here we go.

1.  It is March.  That means we are currently in the throes of March Madness! We love basketball around this house.  Now, we don't love it as much as we love soccer, but we still have a place in our hearts for some mean defense on the court.  Or, at least we kind of do.  I have to admit that after enduring my Saluki's horrifically disastrous less than stellar season, I'm kind of over it.  It is hard to get into March Madness when it doesn't feel like it should be here yet.  I mean, we missed Arch Madness.  My family never misses the MVC Tourney.  But we did this year.  Although, after a Thursday night loss, I'm pretty sure we are all thanking our lucky stars that we didn't waste the time, money, or energy going up to St. Louis to watch them lose.  

In fact, this is probably some of the best defense I've seen all year:


He was not afraid to take on the big kid.


However, he was slightly afraid of Mamadou.


I swear he said he wanted a picture with Mamadou.  
You can't tell that he was super excited, but he was.
Seriously, I'm not just trying to sound like a not-so-bad mom.

Anyway, we are Cubs fans, so we're used to not winning.  We are also really good at keeping the "There is always next year" mentality....

2.  I have an unhealthy addiction.  No, I am not referring to my love of McDonald's Diet Coke (Although, that addiction is probably just as, if not more, unhealthy than the one I am about to share).  
I have a scarf problem.


A big problem.


And that is not all of them.  
Those are just as much as I am willing to share.  
Really, I need an intervention.
But, if you see me in line at a store, waiting to purchase one, and you even think about trying to stop me, I will probably inflict harm upon you.  

I heart scarves.

3.  Goose is going to lose his right to feed himself.  Feeling like you have to give a kid a bath after every meal gets really old.

Here's what I'm talking about:


And, yes, that is a dish towel wrapped around his neck.
And, yes, it is secured with a chip clip.
I'm not afraid to get a bit creative... The towel is bigger than a bib. 
Less area to have to scrub down afterwards.


4.  I don't think I ever shared with you the gift we gave The Hubs for Christmas.  It took about 150 different shots, but we finally managed one that would work.  I am totally in love with it.  


My feet really aren't as dirty as they seem to appear here.  I swear....

5. Soccer season is here!  The Hubs is officially the head coach for the CCHS Terrier Girl's Soccer Team.  And I am a proud coach's wife.  If you are in the area, come to a game!  You can find the schedule here.  They are a great group of girls.  We've known some of them for years and years, since he first coached them on a young club team.  Now his first group of girls are seniors.  It makes me a bit sad to think of them heading off to college next year.  But, for now, we'll enjoy them while we have them.  Also, if you come to the games, you'll get to see the Coachmance in action.  That is The Hubs & his assistant coach.  They totally heart each other.  We are really lucky to have him, his wife, and their two kids (right around the same ages as Tink & Goose) in our lives.  They don't just coach together; they are great friends.  We consider them family & we love them dearly. 

Here are three of our four little monsters loving on the other half of the Coachmance:


And the Coachmance in action:



GO TERRIERS!


2 comments:

  1. I love the dish towel and chip clip!! It seems to make an excellent bib!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post ... and since you are blogging, you'd better participate in my new Monday blog party ... we'll be posting things that make us happy and pictures of your babies always make me smile! Check out the details on my blogspot. It starts in a couple weekis!

    ReplyDelete