Friday, March 9, 2012

Oh, Oh, Oh... It's Magic!

I have to tell you about an issue I've been having.

If you've been to my home, you may have noticed.

If you did, tell me you did not.  I'd rather not know how many of you have left thinking,
 "Nuh-uh! Did you see that ick?!"

Any of you with small children (or who have a spouse who is a messy eater) may have experienced this.

Brace yourselves.




What in the heck is that?!

I thought maybe they were milk drips.  

But they were ALL OVER MY CHAIRS.


Not just the bottoms.  This was on the backs of the chairs, too.

I have spent more time & energy trying to clean that nonsense off than I can even begin to tell you.

Today, however, I decided I was going to finally get rid of it.

I prepared myself for the challenge by putting on an extra coat of deodorant.

And I set to work.

THIRTY FIVE MINUTES LATER.....

It was still there.

Son of a biscuit!

I was so mad.

I was mad at the crusty crap for not coming off...
at the actual chairs for holding on to their ick for dear life...
at the cleaners I'd tried for not defeating the grossness...
at myself for being so irritated...
at the boys for making the mess in the first place...
at my husband, just because...
at the Rat Pack for not being aggressive enough...

Seriously, I got pissed off at Frank, Dean, and Sammy.
I usually play Rat Pack or Big Band kind of stuff when I'm cleaning or cooking or doing whatever around the house.
I've got lots of cds, but it is easier to just turn the TV to the Sirus Rat Pack station.


But, that wasn't working for me today.  
I needed something tougher.
So, I checked The Hubs cds and put this one on.

 

Ok, so maybe that wasn't the right choice. 

It took me about 45 seconds to realize I didn't want something that tough.

So, I went with Plan C.


Much better.

I wasn't sure I had any elbow grease left to try and tackle the ick.

My arms and hands were burning.

So, I took a short break.

I decided that all of that hard work must've given me Schwarzenegger-like arms.
So, I went to check them out.


Well, I guess my arms are still more Oprah-like than Arnold-like, but they sure feel strong....

I went and got myself some sustenance in the form of McDonald's iced tea.


And I was ready to take the stuff back on.

This time, however, I had a brilliant idea.

Mr. Clean!

He has these lovely little magic eraser things.

Why didn't I think of that before?!


Ten minutes later, this was my result:





Can I get a Hallelujah?!

I could try to explain how happy I am to see my
 chairs sans spots, but I can't accurately describe it. 

Instead, I will just say, in the words of 
the always-classy Pauly D, "Yeah, buddy!"



Feel free to check out my chairs next time you come to visit. 

I'll do my best to keep them looking less leopard-like.


Or, if you notice spots, I can always just hand you the Magic Eraser so you can experience the "magic" yourself.  


Trust me, I will be happy to share the magic love...

4 comments:

  1. in a million years would I have expected to laugh so hard about a magic eraser. I know I'm a little biased, but I still think you're such a great writer. I so look forward to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what happened with my previous post but what I typed was NEVER in a million years...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post so incredibly much.

    You can actually get the stuff that the eraser is made out of online at amazon for half the price. It's melamine foam. (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=melamine+foam&x=0&y=0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart Magic Erasers!!!! But, every time I have tried using them on something made of wood, it starts to take part of the finish off, or removed part of the shine. :( I use them on everything else though, and wouldn't choose anything else to clean a bathroom...they even take hairspray off of bathroom counters with practically no scrubbing.
    Sorry...this was to be a post to tell you how awesome you and your writing really are, and I am talking about Mr. Clean! Ugh! So, back to the point....you're awesome and reading your blog makes me happy. :) That is all.

    ReplyDelete