Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Christmas Card You Didn't See...

We always do Christmas cards with family pictures on them.

Typically, the card is either a single family shot or it 
is multiple shots of mostly Tink and Goose.  

I really only include The Hubs and I on there because we send them to a number of people who've played integral roles in our (mostly his) lives as we were growing up and I figure they would like to see us (again, mostly him), too.  

I've had some pretty cute photos in the past.  

Here are the ones from last year:



I LOVED those so I wanted to do something similar this year.

I saw a picture on Pinterest and wanted to do my own version.  

It was of two boys, tied up with strings of Christmas lights, and they each had a piece of red duct tape over their mouth.  It said something like "Happy" and "Holidays" on the tape.  

I thought it was adorable, so I figured I could attempt to tie up Tink and Goose with lights.

  I was not going to attempt the tape because I knew that would cause meltdowns.  

The boys in the Pinterest shot were a few years older than my two, so they 
probably understood it was suppose to be funny for the picture.  

My two definitely wouldn't get it.

I thought they may find the lights part fun, though.

I was half right.

Goose was NOT having it.  

The lighting was terrible, the shots were dark and blurry, and 
Goose appeared as though he was really being tortured.  

I'm not going to bother explaining any more of it.  

I'll just let the pictures do the talking. 

So, enjoy these photos, the ones from the Christmas 
cards I came *thisclose* to ordering, but decided against.  

Just don't call DCFS on me because I didn't keep them tied up for long.

I swear.

Ahem.




Goose appeared to be somewhat cooperative in this next one, but 
Tink didn't look thrilled and the shadows were really bad.


And then we had this.

Game. Over.

Can't exactly send this picture out on a card meant to spread cheer...


These are the pictures that actually made it onto our Christmas cards.




Christmas-y?  

No.

But no one was laying, face down, seeming to be the most 
miserable, tortured person on the planet.  

That made them perfect.

Happy Holidays, from our crew to yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment