Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Let It All Hang Out!

Tonight, it was just me and Goose hanging at the house.

I needed to go potty so I left him sitting in the chair in the
 living room watching The Fresh Beat Band.  

Miraculously, he stayed.  

If you aren't sure why I'm calling it a "miraculous" act, check this out.

Anyway, I went potty and came back to the living room.  

I started to pick Goose up and put him back on my lap.
We'd been sitting together in the chair, reading books, for close to half an hour.  
If I didn't have to potty so badly, I wouldn't have moved.  
I didn't want to give up the snuggles, especially since my baby just turned two and I recently sobbed and snotted through, had an emotional break because of read this blog. 

However, before I could pick him up, he looked at me and laughed.

I had no idea what he was laughing about.

But, then he said, "Duuuuhn...' in a sing-songy voice.

Although I still had no clue as to why he was laughing, 
at least I knew the subject matter.

I pulled the blanket off of him, looked down, and realized he had reached under his onesie, unfastened his diaper, and pulled his "duuuuhn" out.

I was looking at baby junk.

Seriously, Goose?!?!

I started to say, "Sir, we need to leave our junk in our diaper," but, before I could get any of that out, he slipped out of the chair, around my legs, and took off down the hallway screaming, "DUUUUHN! My DUUUUHN Mama!"

I ran after him (Remember... He is NOT potty trained), 
and yelled "Put your junk away, Goose!"

His response?

"No, Mama! Nakey Baby!"

It took some effort to catch him.

It took even more effort to get him (and his junk) contained in a new diaper & jammies.

He... Never... Stopped... Laughing...

Nor did he cease with screaming, "Nakey Baby!"

All I could think about is how much I hope I am NOT getting 
a glimpse of my future with this child.  

I pray he finds ways to amuse himself that do not include giving 
unsuspecting patsies a peek at his man-parts.

I also pray that there will be a day I am no longer required to have conversations 
about all of the things we DON'T do with our junk.

If that seems like weird things to pray for, you are not the mother of little boys.

In the meantime, since I know that proper "junk etiquette" is not a part of the near future, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that he won't pee on my couch.

Here is to hoping the rest of the evening remains junk-free.


No comments:

Post a Comment