Friday, October 12, 2012

Did That Just Happen?

Tonight The Hubs and I were eating dinner and the boys were sitting with us.
They'd already finished eating and were drinking their milk.

Goose finished his cup of milk and said, "Mo' miwt, mama!"

I started to get up, changed my mind, and said, "No, baby, you've already had two cups of milk. That is enough for tonight."

I am not interested in having a constipated baby.

And I also know that more milk means he will have peed all the way through a nighttime diaper & have completely soaked pajamas by the wee hours of the morning.

So, no, you aren't getting more milk.

As soon as I say no, Tink starts barking at me about being mean because I'm 
not giving Goose more milk and he thinks I should give it to him.

I cut him off with a sharp:

UMMM, EXCUSE ME! 
A) I am not mean, and 
B) You do not tell me what to do. I am the grown-up & I make the decisions.

Tink just stared at me for a second.

Then he says this:

E) Goose nee' mo miwk.
R) You not tay no. You not ba-wee nice.
M) I hab 5 miwks.

*Translation: 
A) Goose needs more milk. 
B) You can't say no. You aren't very nice. 
C) I had five milks.

I had to look away.

I knew if I continued to watch Tink as he talked a bunch of nonsense 
in alphabet-list form, I would lose it.

Especially since his list was labeled with "E," "R," and "M."

I looked over at The Hubs and he was grinning.

I stared at him (still not looking at Tink for fear I'd bust out laughing), biting my cheek.

"Yeah," he says. 
Evidently, he didn't know what to say.

"Did that really just happen?!" I asked him.

"Yes, yes it did."

I didn't know what else to say either.

My four year-old just punked me.

And after he did so, he sat there looking at me like this:



For the record, Tink did not have five milks.  
And, despite the his brother's eloquent argument, I didn't give Goose more milk.

After hearing Tink put his side of the disagreement together so quickly, 
I may consider putting him on a debate team.

But I think I'll let him learn his alphabet first...

1 comment:

  1. You are an excellent writer Patty. These posts are great. This on is particularly good. Thanks for it, made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete