Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tink: The Coal Miner

Tink likes to read books.  

He has always liked books.

Even when he was younger & had a hard time hearing, he still loved to read.  He just wouldn't sit quite as long with each book.

He will read them to himself:


Or he will sit and let someone else read to him:


He will read on the toilet:


He likes to read when we go out:


Hey!  No judging the reading material!

For a bit, he seemed to think he needed reading glasses:


Thankfully, it appears as though he does not.  

He has also passed his love of books on to Goose.  I love that Goose will go grab a book, head over to where Tink is sitting, turn around, and back his caboose right onto Tink's lap.  Then, he hands him the book and yells and grunts at him politely says, "boo" (book).  
He wants Tink to read it to him.  :)

You can see how they work their way through the books:


And that is the beginning of it.  Typically, they will pull ALL of the books down.

All.  Of.  The.  Books.

And they then conveniently seem to forget how to put them back on the shelf.

Figures.

Guess it could be worse; I could have two boys that hate to read.  I'm pretty lucky in that respect.

Tink is often known to take a book to bed with him:


In fact, he typically takes multiple books to bed.
I usually have to go pull them out from under him before I hit the sack myself.

MaMaw and PawPaw gave him this aquarium thing for Christmas:  





It lights up and rotates images of fish and whatever else is typically in an aquarium. You can tell from the two pictures how it changes.

It is actually pretty neat. Tink really seems to like to watch it.  

He also likes to use it as a reading light when he goes to bed.


However, it isn't always enough of a light.  It is semi-bright, but, being the sometimes worrisome mother I am, I am afraid he is going to strain his eyes, give himself headaches, cause blindness, or whatever other ill can (or can't) come from reading in too dark a room.


So, enter the headlamp.


It seemed like the perfect answer to his need for additional reading light.  Not enough to keep him awake (as a table lamp or the ceiling light would), but enough by which to read.


And it is so stinkin' cute.


This is what he looks like when he is reading his book with his head lamp:


I was able to sneak in for the first picture, but I was busted after he heard the camera.

This little light makes him so happy.  I can't even explain it.  Here is the evidence of that:



Does that picture not just make you feel good?! 


That kid is a shining ray of light in my life.  


And, I do mean he is the ray of light, not the head lamp....

4 comments:

  1. HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY!!!!!! I love that Tink loves books! A child after my own heart (my greatest ambition was to be Marian the Librarian, but it didn't seem *important* enough as a career in my warped imagination). I will gladly be the Book Fairy whenever Tink or Goose feel the need for more reading/sleeping/pooping/pursuing material. Just say the word, and Amazon.com will be at the door with more things bound in book form!!!!! I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be "perusing" material! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Based on the picture from the restaurant, I think either "perusing" or "pursuing" would have worked. Ha!

    And, they will happily take any books you want to give them. I tell you, they are really good at making the house appear as though a tornado has flown through it. But, the majority of stuff that ends up everywhere is typically a ball of some sort or a book. They really can't get enough of either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I'm taking that as an open invitation to add AP and AO Davis to my Amazon.com address book. I figure that if I duplicate/triplicate anything that you already have, the yard sale will just get a bit bigger the next time. YIPPEE!!

    ReplyDelete