Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Little Bit of Awesomeness On This Wednesday

So, I don't have one major thought in this blog post.  
Rather, there are a number of things that have happened, been said, or whatever, that I am going to mention.

1.  I found out in a meeting with Goose's teacher yesterday morning that he has some issues.  Evidently, he has become really aggressive at school.  Not that he has malicious intents or even realizes he is hurting someone, but that he is just generally too rough and, in part because he has super human strength is kind of strong, he is hurting the other kids.  Like, the fact that, at 16 months, he can pull his three-and-a-half-year-old brother down to the ground (with ease and while giggling uncontrollably) is fine at home, but when he is tossing a 20-pound toddler to the ground at school, it becomes a problem.  Or, hitting a student teacher in the forehead with a wooden block and sending her packing with a bruise and a goose-egg.  Did I mention it was her forehead?  Definitely. A. Problem.  I said I will probably need to start baking "Sorry My Kid Unintentionally Beat Up Your Kid" cookies.  Even if "your kid" happens to be a 20-year-old college student......


This is so not the face of a vicious bully.  
Or maybe it is. 
*sigh*

2.  Tink is a booger, too.  I walk him to his room to tuck him into bed the other night and, after going through the NEVER ENDING somewhat lengthy bedtime routine, we finally get to the point of him crawling into bed and me tucking him in.  I pull his blankets back and what do I see?  
This:

Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: Tink, are those oranges in your bed?
Tink: (all enthusiastic-like) Yeah!
Me: Did you get oranges out of the refrigerator?
Tink: Nope (I'm not sure where he picked up "nope", but he never says "no" anymore).
Me: Well, then where did they come from?
Tink: Maybe you got them out of the refrigerator.
Me: Speechless. With an incredulous look upon my face.

I'm going to have to kick both of my kids' butts.  

Maybe I do know where Goose's aggression comes from.....

3.  It is unseasonably warm in The So Ill right now.  Like, 60 degrees and people are wearing shorts in February, warm.  This makes me nervous for two reasons.  A) I am afraid there will be more tornadoes. Please see my last post regarding my feelings on tornadoes if you are not already aware.  B) I am now convinced Al Gore is probably a genius, global warming is causing the Earth to bake, and I am going to die a sad, scary, blistering death by being fried alive (or dead?) in my driveway.  60 degrees in winter. Seriously, people, the o-zone is obviously really mad at us for our overuse of Aqua Net in the 80's.  We're done for.



4.  We have construction going on in our house.  The one thing I have said I wanted since we've lived here is an open floor plan.  That is tough to accomplish when your house was not originally built that way.  However, with a little imagination, you can make it happen.  Plus, I'm persistent when I want something.  And by persistent, I mean, I think it is now happening just so no one has to listen to me talk about it anymore.  There will be a full blog post on this when the process is complete, but for now, I'll leave you with this:


This wall will not look anything like this the next time I show it to you.  And, for that, I am incredibly grateful.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to watch my boys play in the living room while I am cooking dinner in the kitchen.   SO.  HAPPY.

5.  I'm trying to lose "the baby weight".  I gained 65 pounds with Tink and 45 pounds with Goose.  I thought 45 seemed rather reasonable compared to the HOUSE I became with my first pregnancy (Note: I did lose the 65 pounds I gained with Tink, but that sucked, too).  Reasonable or not, it is a pain in the butt (and hips... and thighs...) to get rid of and I'm not enjoying it.  Plus, now that my "baby" is a "toddler", I'm going to have to just start saying I'm fluffy, big-boned, healthy-ish, thick, chunky carrying more weight than I am comfortable with, as opposed to calling it "baby weight".  Thankfully, about a month in, I've lost 10 pounds.  I still have about 15 or so to go, but I'm already feeling better (more energy, not getting sore or worn out from activities that shouldn't be that tough).  However, I can't honestly say I am loving the process.  I guess I just have to keep repeating that old adage to myself, "No pain, no gain."  Maybe "No pain, No loss" would be a better fit for this one....

And, no, you aren't getting a picture.  Refer back to the oranges above.  That is as close as I'm getting to posting a weight loss photo.

There are a ton of other things I could talk about, but I'm going to call it quits.  It is kinda late, I'm pooped, and all I really want to be doing is snuggling up with The Hubs and relaxing.  So I'm going to do that instead of rambling about a lot of nothing.  


This last one is just in case you can't remember what the hunk of hotness waiting for me on the couch looks like.  Yep.  And I might even be able to talk my way into a back rub.  He is good like that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment