Saturday, February 25, 2012

Brotherly Love. Or something like that.


Having two boys is wonderful.  

They love each other.  

They play together.

They give hugs and kisses.

They each seem to think the other is hysterical.

They are so cute sometimes and I love to capture those moments with the camera.

So, that is what I did this evening.

They were laying on the couch together, sharing the blanket, and I thought they were adorable.

So I started snapping away.


See? Aren't they precious?


They thought it was funny that I was taking pictures.

"Wha ah yoo dooooig, Mama?" (Tink speak for "What are you doing?")


Hey, Goose?  Where ya goin', bud?


Goose? 
Seriously, where are you going? 
And why do you have that mischievous look on your face?


Ok, Tink is starting to worry, too.  
And he is obviously telling you he needs some space.  
Please move back to your end of the couch...  
What are you doing?!


Oh.  That is what you are doing.

You are reaching down, yanking out your Thomas The Train, swinging it nunchuck-style, and whacking Tink across the head with it.

Yep, this train.


Don't let Thomas fool you.  He is metal.  Not plastic.  
That sucker is solid.

No wonder Tink looked worried.  

I didn't get a picture of the aftermath because as soon as I saw Thomas make his appearance, I threw the camera down and ran.
  
The scene was no longer cute.  

It was terrifying and I knew what was going to happen.  

Unfortunately, Goose was too quick.  

So, twenty minutes and two ice packs later, Tink stopped crying.  

Goose was sent to bed and Tink got an applesauce.  

I tried to get him to just forego the applesauce because his eyes were rolling back in his head (Because he was sleepy.  Not because he was concussive.), but he swore he wasn't tired and needed to eat.


Uh, ok.  

Guess getting clocked by your little brother wears you out.

Someday, Tink is going to get fed up and kick his brother's rear.  

I am glad it wasn't today.  

I'm also glad they are both asleep so I can make myself an adult beverage.

A strong one.

I figure I've earned it since I didn't try to sell Goose on Craigslist after his little stunt this evening.



3 comments:

  1. Goose isn't the current incarnation of the demon seed, is he? I'm not liking reading about his "violent" acts even tho he looks so sweet and playful as he's killing somebody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was just this afternoon that I referred to him as the devil's spawn. He is going to be the death of me.
    However, I also said that I remember Tink becoming a nightmare just after I found out I was pregnant with Goose. Enough of a turd that I said if he'd acted that way before I got pregnant, there was a chance he would have been an only child. He would have been right around 18 months old. So, Goose seems to be on track with entering this stage of horrors. Hopefully it will get better. Like, tomorrow. Or tonight. I'm ready to have my sweet, loving baby back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have warned Abby, FOREVER, about the wrath of her big sister. Abby thought I was bluffing b/c Bailey never retaliates b/c 'fighting is wrong, Mom.' It finally happened last week....twice. And I couldn't be happier. lol It wasn't a metal train (a paperback book, actually), but just as effective. :)

    ReplyDelete