Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ain’t No Party Like An Ol’ Skool Party!

Road trips with The Hubs.  
These are always fun.  
Depending on the length of the trip, they are one of the few times we get to spend hours upon seemingly endless hours with just each other, talking about all sorts of things. 
At least when I’m not facebooking or shopping, from the comfort of the front seat, on my iPhone.  
But, I digress.
I know there is always one for-sure thing I can expect from a road trip:
The CD Case.
Containing all of his “mixed cds” from his college years.  
A lot of hip-hop.
And a lot more bass.
And probably a headache. 


On my part, not his.  


See? They are endless.  

And kind of gross.  Some of these are really old.  And, although I can't remember if he said it was his brother or his sister, someone spilled an icky something (hot chocolate, I believe) on the case years ago.  Hence the sticky, dirty look.  

Eww.

Each cd has a random title “Get Hype”, “Warm Up 2”, “Ham and Cheese”... 

Ok, I made up that last one, but the names really are seriously random.

Why would "Paint Job" be the name of a cd?

Each one has a story to go along with it, usually revolving around his college friends (herein after referred to as “The Unit” or “T-Unit”).  Like, some random Nelly tune could be the theme song from that one night he and The Unit walked to a house party (Yeah, that is the whole story).  Or, it was the song they listened to when The Unit went to a track meet at some college and one of them tripped during their race, forever to be remembered through their relentless teasing of each other.  
That point deserves a post of its own.  Someday I’ll attempt to explain the loving relationship between The Unit members....
T-Unit.  Lookin' good, fellas.  :)
Although some of the stories seem to lack the climactic element that makes story-telling interesting (no offense, Babe), some of them are funny.
Know what is better than hearing a funny story?
Watching your husband get excited & giggle while telling the story.  

Especially if your husband is not a get-excited-and-giggle kind of guy.

Even if I don’t find the story itself to be the most interesting thing I’ve ever heard, I am ALWAYS entertained by how much he loves remembering the old days.  
And, he will typically send HeyTell message (like a spoken text message, for those not in-the-know) or call one of The Unit guys to reminisce about something at some point during our trip.  
And he laughs. 

A lot.  

And I love it.  :)
Totally worth the headache. 

But, if he wanted to lower the bass level, I wouldn’t argue.

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm really curious about the story behind "Paint Job" and the music on that CD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm really curious about the story behind "Paint Job" and the music on that CD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty, you are totally funny in these posts. Plus, I can hardly wait to hear "The Hubs" giggle!

    ReplyDelete