Thursday, February 13, 2014

If I Had to Guess Who Was Lying...

Have you ever wondered what it is like to raise a really smart, really ornery little boy?  

Wonder no more.  

This is a perfect example of the things we hear from him on a daily basis.



Goose: Mommy, can I have more apples?

Me: No, baby, I don't have any more apples. 

Goose: Yes, I think you do. 

Me: No, Goose. I do not. You and your brother ate them all. 

Goose: It not ok that you lie. Give me the bag. I gonna check it. Lying is bad, mama. 

Me: Maybe you should apply the "lying is bad" concept to your own life. You've had a rough time with that recently. 

Goose: RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWR!!!!! I T-REX!!!!!!

Me: Well, hopefully T-Rex doesn't have the same issues with lying that Aiden has.

Goose: Mommy, just give me the apples. 


And that is a normal conversation in the car, on the way to preschool.

This kid is lucky I love him as much as I do.  



P.S.  In case you are wondering, yes, I laughed.  
BUT, I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from making any noise 
and I adjusted the rearview mirror to be sure he couldn't see me.  

He doesn't need to know how funny I think he is.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment